A couple weeks ago, my grandfather Dee Powell, passed away at the age of 94. He was a great man and the legacy he leaves with us is priceless. He was a great example to all of those that knew him. He was one of the kindest, most patient men I know. He was a journal keeper. He wrote in his journal every day. I will never forget walking into the kitchen when he was visiting us, or we were visiting him, and there he was with his black and white composition notebook recording the events of the day. I'm grateful for the example he has set for me. I know he has been reunited with my grandmother, the love of his life. He will surely be missed.
Steve and I with Papa at our wedding, September 2006. We were glad he was able to be there with us.






1 comment:
What a special picture! & a nice post too!
Post a Comment