10.16.2008

A little ahead of schedule...

So now that I'm approaching my due date, less than a month to go, I'm down to my weekly doctor appointments. I went in today and the Dr. measured me and I'm measuring at 37 weeks, which is a week closer to my due date than I should be. I'm supposed to be at 36 weeks. Hmmm... could he come early? Or was my belly just protruding a little more than usual? I go back in on Monday, so I guess we'll see what happens then.

As much as we would LOVE to have our little guy come a little early, we want to be sure he is actually ready!! Which at this point, I know that you are considered "full term" and it is usually just fine for them to be born, but it's always better to be on the safe side. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!! We'll keep you posted...

17 comments:

J. Crew said...

WOW! That is great news for you guys! We can't wait! Love you!

Laurie said...

Don't get too excited...I always measured big.

I can't wait to see him!

Miss you at work!

cristy said...

That is exciting! He's going to be here so soon. I was like you, I wanted to wait until Peter was good and ready to come -- I know it is foolish, but I didn't want to mess with fate. So we waited & waited. After being nearly 2 weeks over due, I was ready for him to get here already! I guess your little guy will show up when he is ready, be it early, late, or on time. We think of you every day!

cristy said...

That is exciting! He's going to be here so soon. I was like you, I wanted to wait until Peter was good and ready to come -- I know it is foolish, but I didn't want to mess with fate. So we waited & waited. After being nearly 2 weeks over due, I was ready for him to get here already! I guess your little guy will show up when he is ready, be it early, late, or on time. We think of you every day!

Miss Pete said...

Good luck with everything! I remember getting VERY nervous at this point with Megan thinking I wasn't ready to experience child birth and have my whole life change. It's overwhelming no matter how ready you are. (They're so much easier to care for when they're inside you)! Once you get to hold him, it's so wonderful! We'll be thinking of you!

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your baby boy! Enjoy these last few moments of pregnancy while they last...if you can!

Cameron and Cindy said...

We are really excited for you! Be sure to keep us posted. We would love to see you since we live much closer now! Good Luck with everything!

Courtney said...

I am soooooo excited for you! I can't wait!!!!!!! I miss you tons.. Hopefully i'll be seeing your in December.. keep me posted! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

You are getting SO close now!!! Just think, one of your next couple of post you'll be introducing the little guy! I can't wait!

Suzy said...

Any day now!! I'm glad I finally joined the blog world also...so nice to keep in touch. Keep us posted on the little guy! Love you

Suzy said...

Any day now!! I'm glad I finally joined the blog world also...so nice to keep in touch. Keep us posted on the little guy! Love you

Ashley and Ryan said...

Less than two weeks!!!! Hurry up , the suspense is killing me!!!! Just kidding, take all the time you need! This is so exciting!!! Hope all is going well! Miss you!

The Belnaps said...

Hey Steve..this is your cousin Ashley. I found you on Megans blog. So I am putting together a little project for Grandma Rose and I need some of your info. Will you send me an email and I'll fill you in..it's ashleybelnap@hotmail.com
Thanks and good luck with the baby

Soccer Sweetie said...

I can't wait! good luck with the baby! I'll be thinking of you! Keep us updated!

Meghan said...

Only 7 days left?! How exciting! I need to call you quick before your days and nights are filled with baby...

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! I can't wait for the pictures!!!

kirk and carrie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you guys. I hope you are all doing well and happy :) :) :)