1.21.2010

Turkey Day..

Our Thanksgiving was a little different this year.

We had discussed a few different ideas of what to do for Thanksgiving day, all of which included some sort of traveling. But the Saturday before Thanksgiving, Steve ended up having to go in for emergency back surgery for a ruptured disk. We were fortunate to have been recommended to one of the best surgeons in the area who was actually on call that weekend, so she was able to squeeze him into her schedule. The surgery went well and after a night in the hospital, we were all home and recovering.

Steve's initial recovery wasn't too bad, however, there was no way he was going to be able to travel, even a short distance, for Thanksgiving. So we opted for a quiet day at home with just the three of us. I still made all the fixin's for dinner because I didn't want to miss out on anything and I wanted to be able to have the leftovers. Let me say, we had a ton of food, but it was pretty yummy. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures to document our dinner, because I was trying to get everything on the table.

By later that evening, Steve was feeling up for a little trip out of the house so we went over to Brian and Alisha's house for dessert, followed by some sparklers. It was a nice little outing and just what we needed to end a nice relaxing day!

with Alisha and Coleman

2 comments:

Suzy said...

I hope Steve is feeling better, way to handle Thanksgiving dinner! I have yet to do that by myself...love you guys!

Sarah said...

That's amazing that you can pull off an entire dinner by yourself! I struggled with getting cranberry sauce and pie done for a pot luck.