before we're going to Jack's very own pinewood derby

I'm serving with the cub scouts at church and we had the pinewood derby last week. I thought it would be fun for Jack to come watch, so Steve brought him over.
Sure enough, he loved it. He sat on the side of the track intently watching every race and observing the boy's reactions as their cars crossed the finish line.
It made me smile and even brought tears to my eyes (shocking, I know) just watching him and how excited he was. I know we have a good 6 years before we even have to start thinking about him starting Cub Scouts, but it made me realize that these years are going to fly by and it won't be long before he and Steve are designing and cutting out his very own car and we're sitting in the audience cheering it on as it races down the tracks.
But until then, I'll enjoy my little boy who dreams of being like the big boys.






6 comments:
Love it!! Especially hearing your voice in my head saying, Shocking, I know about the tears. LOVE YOU WHIT!!!
So cute! It goes by so fast!
Oh that's adorable! He really is gonna be that age before you know it, I can't believe how fast they grow! Miss you guys so much!!
So cute!! When Spencer was a little older than Jack we used to go to the Scout store just for fun because he LOVED it!
That is so cute Whitney! I went to a scout meeting about a month ago (my dad was getting an award, what a surprise) and my mom leaned over and said to me, "this is your future" I told her it was their fault for being so involved with scouts. Seven years to go before I'm in cub scouts (:
That's what happened to me at Disney on Ice! I was so excited for Eva to see the princesses that I started crying! That sounds like a fun calling for you. Jack is growing up so fast!
Post a Comment