8.11.2008

Heads Carolina, Tails California...

I guess you could say our coin landed on heads... Well, at least the school coin did. As most of you know we recently moved to South Carolina so Steve could attend Clemson University to get his Master's Degree in Real Estate Development. We will be here for the next 2 years and as hard as it was to say good-bye to our family and our home in California, we are excited for the opportunity that has been made available to us. We are looking forward to living in the south, where I spent the first 14 years of my life. We live in a small country town, surrounded by beautiful trees. It's definitely an adjustment, but a welcome one. We have already met a few young couples whose husbands are in the same program as Steve. We all live in the same apartment complex very close to each other. The other two wives are both expecting their first child as well, so it is nice to know that there are other people going through some of the same things as us.

We are pretty much all settled, just a couple more boxes I need to find places for, and then we will be settled, at least until we have to start getting serious about the baby gear. In all the craziness of packing up our house and getting it all ready to ship, I'm sad to say that I didn't take one picture of the process!! I decided to try to make up for that. Here are a few pictures of the moving process from this end. I'll post more as we continue to get settled.

Our new home...

The moving truck...

Some of our things still in the truck...

I felt bad for Steve because in the state that I'm in, 6 months pregnant and unable to lift or really move much, he had to do a lot of the lifting. We did have a lot of help from one of the other students and the elder's quorum later that night. It was a long and tiring day and he was a trooper!!

9 comments:

cristy said...

Glad you guys made it there safely. We've been thinking of you all week. The place looks so cute. I can't wait to see the inside!

About the trike... Mike got that through his work. I am sure you could find it on the trek website though.

Post more pictures as soon as you get the chance.

J. Crew said...

We miss you but are happy that things are going well!! Your place looks cute and I am glad that there are friends there for you to meet and hang out with. You are going to have a great time! We love you!

Anonymous said...

What a cute place! It looks very "Whitney"! I am glad you made some friends...that makes everything easier!

Tara Trythall said...

Your place looks great! That's so fun to have friends close who are having the same experiences. Let's get together soon! Love ya!

Amy said...

Your new place looks wonderful. Thanks for the pictures! I can't wait to come out for visit! We miss you guys!

Joe and Liz said...

I'm happy things went well with your move. It's no fun moving. Sounds like you'll love it where you are. Glad you're back in the good ol' South!! Are you loving or hating the humid weather?!?

Meghan said...

How funny that we have the same taste! Nate felt pretty bad for me and carried me everywhere that day, but of course he couldn't help a laugh at my expense. Looking back, what are the chances of being attacked by a wild sea-creature!?

Jessica told me about your move and how hard it was... hopefully you'll make tons of new friends out there. How are you feeling anyway? Only three months to go!

--Heather-- said...

I'm glad you have some couples to go through this with... how far along are they? Are you delivering close together? It's nice to have a mom's group for support. Miss you, hope you are doing well!

TheSmithLife said...

Hey guys! The new place looks really nice, glad that you've made it and are getting things all settled. How was the trip this past week? We are excited to see some more pictures and hear how everything is. We love and miss you guys lots. Chase especially likes seeing pictures of you guys- he will have to give you a phone call soon :)